Absolute support, extensive awareness, enlightenment and advocate for those living with Vitiligo, for their Rights and well-being
Active Vitiligo Support in Africa
‘Our vision is a world in which every vitiligo & altered image patient attains the right to dignity, health, social inclusion and participation’.
‘We improve Quality of Life’s (QoL) of individuals and their families living with Vitiligo, altered images & skin health by providing absolute support, extensive awareness/enlightenment and advocate for their Rights and well-being’.
Our aims and objectives
- Create extensive public awareness & enlightenment to reduce misconceptions, stigmatization and discrimination against individuals with Vitiligo in communities around Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Establish a Vitiligo Resource/Support Centre (for info, help and absolute support)
- Our women Focused objectives
- Care for Appearance Matters and Confidence Building
- Economic empowerment for women living with Vitiligo and appearance challenges
- Awaken consciousness about Vitiligo and willingness to act amongst the medical & health community.
- Investigate, monitor, document and disseminate the various forms of abuses, discrimination and violation of the Rights of individuals living with Vitiligo in Africa.
- Motivate behavior change around Vitiligo and unusual visual appearance through Behavioral Change Communication (BCC) materials.
- Use various social media platform to connect investigators, support groups, Vitiligo helpful product providers and any other as the need arises.
- Support the formation of Vitiligo support groups and networking of people with Vitiligo in Africa and others across the globe.
- Active team member of World Vitiligo Day – 25th June.
Vitiligo Support and Awareness Foundation (VITSAF) is a general membership, patient driven, patient-advocate organization incorporated in Nigeria and working around Africa, concerned and passionate about the Needs and Social Well-being of individuals living with Vitiligo primarily in Sub-Saharan Africa. VITSAF is the only Vitiligo, Skin and the appearance challenged focused organization in West Africa presently.